Broadly you could say that as a Bunny you cannot use Y items and you cannot use the A button. However, there are exceptions. Generally, the *only* things you cannot use the A button to do is open chests, pick up rocks/bushes/etc, grab walls/trees/statues/etc, read signs, and dash. While a bunny you CAN talk to NPCS, pull the pedestal, drop a follower (the Super Bomb or the Purple Chest), ... (probably other things).
You cannot use most Y items as a bunny, with the exception of Bottles (to drink a potion or release a bee), the Mirror, the Book of Mudora (pull/read a tablet or open Desert Palace), or the Mushroom (you can turn it in to the Witch).
Navigating the world as a bunny can be required in all gameplay formats.
- Be a bunny on Dark Death Mountain to Mirror to Tower of Hera (as in Vanilla)
- Grab the item on the Pyramid Ledge which you may do after defeating Agahnim 1
- Grab the item in Checkerboard Cave
- Navigate the Mire area as a bunny to Mirror to Desert Palace
In Inverted world state the bunny logic can require you to:
- Get an item from the Bottle Merchant
- Get an item from Sick Kid
- Pull the Pedestal
- Turn in the Green Pendant to Sahasrahla
- Read the Bombos Tablet with the Book of Mudora
- Grab the item on the Floating Island (which you may do if you have the Titan's Mitts using the portal on the SE side of Death Mountain and walking up through Paradox Cave)
- Mirror into Turtle Rock from Light World Death Mountain (using the same method as above)
- Return the Old Man
- Grab the item inside Spectacle Rock Cave
- Buy the Super Bomb and return it to the Pyramid Fairy
- Return the Frogsmith
- Mirror from inside of the Blacksmith area to do Hammer Pegs or return the Purple Chest when you don't have the Mitts
- Navigate to the Desert Palace area to Mirror to the Mire area
- Navigate to the east side of the Light World then Mirror to access the East Dark World (if you do not have the Hammer or the Flippers)
In Entrance Randomizer, you may be required to navigate the dark world as well.
In Retro State, the logic does not currently consider a sword in a take-any cave as being in logic if you would have to grab it as a Bunny.
There are several minor glitches which can help you to navigate the game as a bunny, sometimes circumventing some or all of the bunny limitations:
- Dungeon Bunny Revival
- Overworld Bunny Revival
- Super Bunny
- Super Bunny Beam
- Surfing Bunny
- Unbunny Beam