Block Clipping is a glitch when pushable blocks that usually act as a solid object will allow projectiles to pass through them during the moving animation. Additionally, Mirror Block Erase is a glitch where using the Magic Mirror during the moving animation will just erase the block completely.
Press Hookshot, Fire Rod, or Magic Mirror while a pushable block is moving. For the Magic Mirror and usually the Hookshot, repeatedly pressing may be easier. Doing so with the Fire Rod won't prevent the Block Clip, but will use much more magic than is necessary.while using the
Uses and Examples
Using the Hookshot while a block is moving can let Link travel though the block by grappling to something on the other side. Some examples of locations where this can be useful include:
- Accessing the Ice Palace Big Chest without dropping down.
- Traveling through Superbunny Cave more quickly
- Getting the item inside the Dam and draining the swamp in a single trip.
- Skipping a block push after Moldorm2
- Small time saves in push blocks in Left Side Swamp Palace and GT Firesnake Room
|Ice Palace Big Chest|
|Misery Mire Torches|
Places where Mirror Block Erase can be used include:
- Getting the item in the Dam and water switch in a single trip
- Removing the blocks in Mire Shed, Blind's Hideout, and Checkerboard Cave
- Paradox Cave Shortcut
- Superbunny Cave shortcut
|Item in the Dam|