Block Clipping is a glitch when pushable blocks that usually act as a solid object will allow projectiles to pass through them during the moving animation. Additionally, Mirror Block Erase is a glitch using the Mirror during the moving animation will just erase the block completely.
Repeatedly press Y while using the Hookshot, Fire Rod, or Mirror while a pushable block is moving.
Uses and Examples
Using the Hookshot while a block in moving can let Link travel though the block by grappling to something on the other side. Some examples of locations where this can be useful include:
- Accessing the Ice Palace Big Chest without dropping down.
- Traveling through Superbunny Cave more quickly
- Getting the item inside the Dam and draining the swamp in a single trip.
- Skipping a block push after Moldorm2
- Small time saves in push blocks in Left Side Swamp and GT Firesnake Room
|Ice Palace Big Chest|
Using the Fire Rod while the block is useful for lighting the torches on the way to the vanilla Big Key in Misery Mire.
|Misery Mire Torches|
Places where Mirror block erase can be used include:
- Getting the item in the Dam and water switch in a single trip
- Removing the blocks in Mire Shed, Blind's hut, and Checkerboard Cave
- Paradox Cave Shortcut
- Superbunny Cave shortcut
|Item in the Dam|