Multiworld is a format where there are multiple players and their inventory items are spread across everyone's games.
For example: Player A opens a chest to find an item. This item belongs to Player B and therefore enters Player B's inventory immediately.
- The main development team of ALttPR is working on a (currently) closed-source & closed-beta implementation of multiworld.
- There is a fan-made multiworld setup by Bonta that is built on top of the ALttPR Entrance Randomizer project.
- There is a fork by Berserker55/Berserker66 that improves upon Bonta's and (mostly) strives for compatibility.
- There is an implementation known as Multitroid.
- The main development team of SMALttPR is working on an open-source & open-beta implementation of multiworld.
- A multiworld of 1 player and 1 world is a single-player game like the main ALttPR/SMALttPR sites generate.
- A multiworld of 2 players and 1 world is a multi-player game like the Shared-Inventory format. It is also slightly related to 2p1c.
- A multiworld of 2 players and 2 worlds is a multi-player game like the basic multiworld format.
- A multiworld of 2 or more players and an equal number of 2 or more worlds is a multi-player game like the extended multiworld format.